Terms and Conditions of Sale
The price is that ruling on the day of delivery irrespective of date of order or any payment sent with order.
It is certified that no Duty Rebate has been allowed in respect of Derv Fuel specified herein. Prices included Government tax (if any) at the rate currently in force.
Payment is due in cash against delivery of Invoice to the Buyers except where other arrangements have been made between the Company and the Buyers
(a) The quantity delivered is that shown as having been discharged by the Seller’s R.T.W. Dip-Rod or Meter, in particular no responsibility for shortages will be accepted if a receipt is given at the time of delivery.
(b) The buyers shall be at liberty to check the correctness of the Seller’s quantities and to be represented at the measurement if they so wish. If the buyer or his representative insists on mounting the vehicle then they do so at their own risk. In the absence of the Buyer’s representation the seller shall be entitled to commence delivery and in this case the measurements ascertained by them shall be accepted by the Buyers as correct.
(a) It is the Buyer’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient Ullage in the storage tank to accept the quantity ordered.
(b) The Sellers shall not accept responsibility for the dipping, checking or testing of Buyers tank(s).
(c) The Buyer shall be responsible for ensuring g that the fuel is delivered into the correct feed on the Buyer’s tank(s).
(d) The Seller accepts no responsibility for any damage howsoever caused resulting from failure on the Buyer’s part to carry out his responsibility under (a), (b) and (c) above.
- TITLE AND RISK
The Seller shall be deemed be to be the owner of the products and shall retain the property in and the legal title to all products until all sums owing to the Seller have been paid. All risk of loss shall pass to the Buyer as soon as the product leaves the Seller’s delivery coupling.
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by or arising out of or in connection with the use or handling of the Company’s products after the property and risk therein has passed to the Buyer and the Buyer shall indemnify the Company against all claims which may be made against the Company for such loss or damage and against all costs and expenses incurred by the Company in connection therewith including the costs and expenses of investigating such claim.
- NAKED LIGHTS
The Buyer’s hereby agree that they will strictly observe all the conditions of their Petroleum Storage Licence and that the Buyer will not allow any naked light in close proximity to a tank or inlet pipe into which a delivery of motor spirit is being made or a vent pipe connected to such a tank and will indemnify the Sellers against claims or costs arising out of the breach of this clause.
Acceptance of the delivery of the products will be deemed to be acceptance of all the above conditions.
It is the Buyer’s responsibility to provide the Seller’s driver with a Petroleum Certificate before commencement of a delivery of Motor Spirit.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
Warning to Users. This Act requires that all suppliers advise their customers of the safety and handling precautions to be observed.
- To Store Motor Spirit you must comply with the Petroleum Consolidation Act (1928) and obtain a licence.
- Store Motor Spirit only in an approved tank or container.
- All products must be stored away from here.
- Never bring naked flame near the product except with heating fuels in and approved appliance.
- Never use heat on a container that has stored these products without first gas freeing it.
- Do not drink or inhale petroleum products. If this happens seek urgent medical attention.
- In the event of contact with the skin wash with large volumes of water.
- In the event of contact with the eyes bathe with clean water for ten minutes.
- If clothing becomes heavily contaminated with any product is should be changed.
- Oily swabs or rags should not be carried or left in pockets.
In The Event Of Spillage Occurring
- If Motor Spirit contact the Emergency Services immediately.
- Do not smoke in the vicinity of the spillage or leakage.
- Do not disperse with water.
- Prevent petroleum products from entering drains or water courses.
- Contact the company as soon as possible.
In The Event Of A Fire
- Call the Emergency Services Immediately
- Do not use water on oil fires, it will cause the fire to spread.
- Use only foam, dry powder or CO fire extinguishers.
For any further information ring Hobbs Bros. Ltd. on 01452 302191